Colloboration with Fellingsbro Folk High School
Fellingsbro Folk High School * is pleased to have Folk High School in Veliky Novgorod as a twin-school in Russia. Since year 2000 we have cooperated in many ways, such as:
- shared pedagogical experience between teachers;
- exchange of students and information;
- teachers from both schools attended the one-year course “Democracy and Global Understanding” at the University of Link?ping (Sweden);
- We have worked together with study circles and the organization of a project “ Umbrella 2”, that is the project involving NGOs in ?rebro and Novgorod;
- Students from Novgorod have taken part in our English intensive courses.
* Fellingsbro Folk high School is owned by the ?rebro County Council and is situated about 160 km west from Stockholm and 30 km north-west from ?rebro. Our main profile is “Disabilities” and in this area we have courses for personal assistants, intellectually disabled, Aspergers Syndrome and dyslectics.
Other courses are: general course, film and animation courses, courses for immigrants and for persons who have had a long sick-leave period.
Every years we take about 170 students. We also have another twin-school in Kibaha, Tanzania.
Folk High Schools in Sweden is a part of public school system and they are often credited for more extensive democracy than other Swedish schools.
You can find more information about us on our homepage: www.fellingsbro.se